Executive Director - Grande Prairie Gymnastics (Grande Prairie, AB)
22 November 2021
About Grande Prairie Gymnastics
Grande Prairie Gymnastics Center is a non-profit organization dedicated to providing high quality programming while inspiring a foundation of excellence in our community.
Since its inception in 1973, Grande Prairie Gymnastics has grown from a set up take down program to our now 55,000 square foot State of the Art home on the Knowledge Campus in Grande Prairie Alberta.
We strive to provide opportunities to meet the needs of all members of our community through the wide scope of programs offered in our facility. We offer recreational, development and competitive programming in artistic gymnastics, trampoline & tumbling and cheerleading. We also offer gymnaestrada, parent and tot, drop in and licensed preschool programs.
Purpose & Overview
We are looking for someone with exceptional leadership skills and the ability to motivate and connect with both internal and external stakeholders to lead our organization in both the day to day operations and to guide the long-term strategic direction.
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Executive Director is responsible for the successful leadership, management, and growth of the organization by overseeing the implementation and delivery of programs, services, policies, and initiatives supporting Grande Prairie Gymnastics.
The Executive Director will manage the organization’s fiscal, human and capital resources effectively and responsibly and will be accountable for the development of an annual plan, goals, budget and program direction while working collaboratively with the Program Coordinators and the Board of Directors.
• Business and/or sport and recreation related post-secondary education
• Previous experience in a leadership role in business and/or the non-profit sector
• Strong computer skills with experience in Microsoft Office
• Previous supervisory experience
• Experience with Human Resource management
• Experience working with a volunteer Board of Directors
• Experience with Sage and Ceridian is an asset
Skills & Abilities
• Strong leadership skills with the ability to articulate a vision
• Exceptional communication skills
• Can work in a team environment
• Possess strong presentation, communication, and group facilitation skills
• Extremely well-organized - can set timelines and achieve goals effectively
• Experience working with children and youth in an active environment
• Outstanding financial acumen, ranging from day to day accounting up to financial reporting • Strong understanding of financial statements and experience working with finance and audit professionals • Proven track record of working with tight budgets and maintaining profitability
• A solid understanding of human resources issues
• An innovative leader who can engage with a diverse staff and empower them to exceed expectations • Strong board relations and meeting management skills
• Proven ability to build and maintain multi-sector partnerships
• Can build successful grant applications and is familiar with the sports funding community, as well as the business and philanthropic community and has had success in sourcing new funding
• Enthusiastic team player who knows how to take initiative and be a self-starter
• Superior motivational, problem solving and organizational skills
• Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
• Confident in making presentations
• Able to build and maintain effective internal and external working relationships
• Displays creativity and independent thinking
• Strong leadership abilities
• Detail oriented, efficient and ability to prioritize
• Strong interpersonal and professional integrity
• A passion for building culture and community
We offer a fun, positive work environment, subsidized benefit package, group RRSP, and the opportunity to be involved in an important and innovative part of the community.
Please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Job posting will remain open until a successful candidate is found.