Volunteer Ticketing Coordinator - Canadian Gymnaestrada (Richmond, BC)
22 December 2017
Gymnastics Canada will be hosting the 2018 Canadian Gymnaeatrada in beautiful Richmond, BC from June 28th to July 1st 2018 and is looking for energetic and passionate volunteers to join the organizing committee for this great event. As part of this team, you will be creating and delivering a fun and inclusive event! The Canadian Gymnaestrada is a national celebration of gymnastics and movement where participants from across the country come together for four exciting days of indoor and city performances, workshops, and festivities. Participants share in the fun and excitement through group performances inspired by a wide variety of traditional and non-traditional gymnastics disciplines. The Canadian Gymnaestrada is truly an event for all ages, with participants ranging from 9 to 90 years old.
The Ticketing Coordinator is responsible for the overall ticket sales process for the Canadian Gymnaestrada. This individual will work with the Development Lead, Marketing Coordinator and Volunteer Coordinator in the organization of ticket sales and on-site ticket collection and sales. The Ticketing Coordinator will troubleshoot problems and ensure that admittance volunteers have the support, training and knowledge to succeed in their roles.
The Ticketing Coordinator will be able to work from home in the months leading up to the event and will be required to attend monthly organizing committee conference calls. During the event the Coordinator will be present at two of the venues as needed in the execution of the role.
- Indoor Performance Venue: Richmond Olympic Oval,6111 River Rd., Richmond, BC
- Workshop Venue: Richmond Curling Club, 5540 Hollybridge Way, Richmond, BC
The responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Create, implement, and manage the ticket sales strategy;
- Set realistic ticket sale goals and track ticket sales;
- Coordinate ticket sales strategies with the Marketing Coordinator;
- Supervise the reception and distribution of tickets;
- Provide a ticketing report following the event;
- Ensure that admission volunteers have a clear understanding of their roles;
- Ensure that all members of your team have the tools that they require to succeed in their roles;
- Be in communication with the Operations Lead regarding challenges and concerns;
- Have a clear understanding of Gymnaestrada operations procedures and venue locations;
- Know where to access the information required to assist patrons with Gymnaestrada questions;
- Assist patrons with ticket booking and online sales through the event website.
Reports to: Karl Balisch, Business Development Lead (Director of Corporate Services and Development for Gymnastics Canada)
The position will start in February 2018. The time commitment will require some periods of greater involvement in the first month as the ticketing software is set up with more involvement for the days leading up to and during the event. The Ticket Coordinator will be present during the event from June 27th to July 1st, 2018.
- Experience in event management;
- Understanding of various software packages and ability to learn quickly;
- Ability to communicate well via email and telephone;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Strong organizational skills;
- Capacity to work well with initiative and little supervision;
- Good team player;
- Must have a valid Criminal Police Check within 2 years of the event.
How to apply
Please email your resume and a short letter of introduction describing your previous experience, motivations and qualifications to Mariève Reid (email@example.com), Event Director, with “Ticketing Coordinator application” as the subject line.
Application deadline: January 12th, 2018 by 5:00pm EST.
*French poster available upon request.