Head Coach (Kawartha Gymnastics - Peterborough, ON)
8 juillet 2021
Kawartha Gymnastics Club is seeking a Full Time Head Coach for the Competitive and Pre-Competitive Women’s Artistic Gymnastics (WAG) and Recreational Programs.
Kawartha Gymnastics was established in 1971 and is a non-profit organization serving the Peterborough community for nearly 50 years. Peterborough is located 125km north east of Toronto on the Otonabee River. At Kawartha Gymnastics, we focus on fun, fitness, and fundamentals through excellent coaching and individual attention in a safe and caring environment. We offer challenges and opportunities to develop confidence and well being for all individuals. We are currently an 8,000 sq ft club with plans soon to expand in a 12,500 sq ft facility this year.
Kawartha Gymnastics has strong competitive and recreational programs led by dedicated, competent and hard-working coaches. We offer recreational classes from babies to adults, and competitive programs for ages 4+ yrs. We are looking for a strong leader to help grow and cultivate our programs and provide exceptional management of our coaching staff.
The successful candidate will be responsible for establishing and implementing effective coaching practices for competitive and recreational gymnasts. They must be experienced in both programs, organized, have a strong understanding of long-term planning and development, and will provide competitive level coaching to athletes with a variety of skills and abilities. In collaboration with the General Manager, they will promote coach knowledge opportunities for continued development, including facilitating coach meetings and workshops.
- Post Secondary education in related field (preferred)
- NCCP Level 2 Certified (or higher/equivalent)
- 5+ years of competitive coaching experience including Optional, Compulsory and Xcel Programs
- Valid police record check including vulnerable person search
- First Aid/CPR certified (or willing to obtain)
- Making ethical decisions and respect in sport
- Extensive knowledge and experience of gymnastics coaching, programming, and athlete development
- Ability to work flexible hours and evenings/weekends as required
- Must be able to bear weight as required to spot or support athletes of all ages and abilities
- Must be able to be physically active including (but not limited to) movements such as: rotation, squatting, lifting, holding and others as required
- Ability to work independently or collaboratively in a team environment, providing mentoring and direction to coaching staff as needed
- Excellent interpersonal and effective communication skills in dealing with coaches, athletes, and parents
- Ability to manage multiple projects, tasks, and activities
- Willingness to actively recruit new athletes and promote the club, oversee the assessment and testing of new athletes
- Ability to address athlete/participant behaviour or issues with parents and suggest appropriate action
- Communicate with the General Manager on any safety concerns, equipment needs, and program issues as they arise
- Willingness to follow and implement all cleaning and safety measures of the organization including ongoing equipment checks, monitoring of cleaning logs, and regulations set out by Gymnastics Ontario
- Proven knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook or comparable email program
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
- Health Benefits
- Possibility of relocation bonus
Compensation: This full-time position which combines coaching and administrative duties, offers competitive compensation based on qualifications and experience. Position to begin at your earliest convenience.
Please forward your cover letter, credentials, resume, and salary expectations to our General Manager, Heidi Collins, at firstname.lastname@example.org . We thank all who apply, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Deadline: Until position is filled.