WAG Director & Head Coach (Salto Gymnastics - Sherwood Park, AB)
21 juin 2021
Salto Gymnastics Club is non-profit sports organization that has been offering Sherwood Park and surrounding area quality men’s and women’s competitive gymnastics, acrobatics, recreational programming, and a licensed preschool since 1980.
Located in the Lake Broadmoor Park of Sherwood Park, Salto is looking for a WAG Director & Head Coach. This reports directly to the Executive Director.
The WAG Director & Head Coach position is responsible for organizing, implementing, and communicating all activities in the WAG program with the assistance of the Provincial and Developmental Coordinator. The WAG Head Coach is also responsible for coaching the assigned groups to provide a learning environment for all athletes and prepare them for (future) competition. The role is accountable for working within the club's vision, mission, policies, procedures, and goals set forth by the Management Team.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coach WAG program as determined by Management.
- Organize class groups and structures.
- Work collaboratively with coaches by delegating planning, communication, and coaching responsibilities within your WAG coaching staff.
- Develops and ensures the effective delivery of short- and long-term goals.
- Assist WAG coaches development and coaching skills.
- Develop, adhere, and manage program budget
- Actively recruit and develop new athletes and coaches.
- Communicate with parents on class structures and changes, child's progress, competition information and any concerns that may arise.
- Communicate and work as a team with administration to ensure a high level of customer service.
- Communicate and work as a team with all coaches under supervision.
- Provide mentorship opportunities for coaches under supervision.
- Update and inform administration of any change in athlete status.
- Set up and put away all gym equipment
- Supervise athletes in a safe and effective manner
- Keep accurate attendance records
- Ensure the gym and equipment are safe, organized, clean and well maintained
- Be up to date on Employee Handbook and changes made to it
- Participate in a coaching or technical role in demonstrations, internal club events and competitions as assigned
- Adhere to the code of conduct for coaches and athletes for Salto Gymnastics, AGF, and GCG.
- Attend all coach meetings and club events as required.
- Work/collaborate with coaches to develop floor rotation once comfortable with model. Always follow and enforce rotation model in the gym.
- Complete monthly general equipment checks
- Complete bi-monthly equipment safety inspections
- Assist in installing new equipment.
- Attend to areas of the gym that need fixing or tidying weekly.
- Maintain equipment depreciation documents.
- Create and update annual equipment purchases needed.
- Communicate with the Executive Director/ Executive Management Committee on any safety concerns or issues as they arise.
- Work collaboratively with all staff while always maintaining a professional attitude.
- Communicate openly with all staff members.
- Supports and promotes Salto with the best interest of the business always at the forefront.
- Any other duties assigned by Executive Director/ Executive Management Committee
- NCCP Level 3 or higher/equivalent, Making Ethical Decisions, Respect in Sport, Current Emergency First Aid Certificate and Police Record Check including Vulnerable Sector Search.
- Ability to meet NCCP level certifications and requirements required by AGF and GCG.
- Superior proven relationship building and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to be creative and innovative in programming
- Ability to manage multiple projects, tasks, and activities
- Ability to work flexible hours and evening/weekend when required
- Must be able to bear weight as required to spot or support athletes of all ages and abilities
- Must be able to be physically active including (but not limited to) movements such as: rotation, squatting, lifting, holding and others as required
- Excellent understanding and demonstration of class management and behavior management
- 4-6 years experience in similar position preferred.
- Choreography experience considered an asset.
Candidates are required to complete a background check, pre-employment screening, and must be eligible to work in Canada
Full-time hours: 37.5 hours per week
Application Deadline: Until a suitable candidate has been hired
Expected Start date: Negotiable
Wage: $55,000 - $65,000 annual salary based on qualifications & experience.
We will only contact those selected for interviews. Please send your cover letter, resume, and 2-4 references to Sean Gillen, Executive Director, email@example.com