WAG Competitive Program Coach - Vancouver Phoenix Gymnastics (Vancouver, BC)
2 juin 2021
Vancouver Phoenix Gymnastics, located in the heart of Vancouver is one of Canada’s largest and most successful clubs. Home to the best climate in the country, Vancouver is a world-class internationally-recognized city, perfect for those who love life and the outdoors. Operating two facilities located in the heart of the city, we are seeking to attract specifically a committed WAG competitive coach to work primarily with our Level 6-8 athletes. Vancouver Phoenix Gymnastics consistently produces some of Canada’s top gymnasts many of whom go on to represent our club and province as well as national teams competing internationally. Phoenix Gymnastics has long term plans to continue supporting high level pursuits in our sport and offers a great opportunity for mentorship and collaboration to the right candidate.
We are currently seeking an individual for the position of a Women’s Artistic Competitive Coach for 16 hours per week working primarily with our Level 6-8 athletes. The successful applicant will work closely with our WAG Head Coach and the rest of the WAG coaching team, and he/she must be interested in aligning with VPG's pursuit of excellence at all levels, in a supportive and positive WAG Team setting. If there is an interest in full time work, the successful candidate would be asked to assist in our advanced preschool and young school age programs to fulfill hours, identify prospective talent to draw into the developmental program as well as do occasional work with the other competitive levels.
● Regular coaching expectations within the decided schedule
● The ability to be a self starter, but still willing to follow the direction from the WAG Head Coach in regards to the content and technique being taught to the athletes
● Plan, develop and implement training and practice sessions
● Nurture and develop all athletes’ potential skills and abilities
● Identify strengths and weaknesses of athletes
● Analyze and evaluate athletes’ performances and modify training programs
● Attending competitions, training camps, as required
● Attending club and WAG program staff meetings & training sessions
● Mentor and support in-house coach development
● Other duties and tasks as assigned
Knowledge and Skills:
● Experience coaching developmental, pre-comp & competitive levels in WAG gymnastics
● Ability to work in a strong team environment
● Excellent communication skills
● Energetic, active and engaging while coaching, to create a positive training environment
● NCCP level 2 WAG certified or equivalent education
● Record of consistent athlete development and results
● First Aid certification and a Criminal Record check with Vulnerable Sector Search will be required
Please email your resume and cover letter to Scott Robertson, firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank everyone for their interest; however, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for further screening.