Volunteer Sponsorship Coordinator - Canadian Gymnaestrada (Richmond, BC)
22 décembre 2017
Gymnastics Canada will be hosting the 2018 Canadian Gymnaeatrada in beautiful Richmond, BC from June 28th to July 1st 2018 and is looking for energetic and passionate volunteers to join the organizing committee for this great event. As part of this team, you will be creating and delivering a fun and inclusive event! The Canadian Gymnaestrada is a national celebration of gymnastics and movement where participants from across the country come together for four exciting days of indoor and city performances, workshops, and festivities. Participants share in the fun and excitement through group performances inspired by a wide variety of traditional and non-traditional gymnastics disciplines. The Canadian Gymnaestrada is truly an event for all ages, with participants ranging from 9 to 90 years old.
The Sponsorship Coordinator is responsible for approaching and maintaining relations with sponsors for the Canadian Gymnaestrada. The Sponsorship Coordinator will work with Gymnastics Canada’s Business Development Lead in this capacity. This includes work such as maintaining and promoting the Sponsorship Package, searching for new potential sponsors, and providing stewardship to sponsors leading up to and during the event.
The Sponsorship Coordinator will be able to work from home in the months leading up to the event and will be required to attend monthly organizing committee conference calls. During the event the Coordinator will be present at each of the three venues as needed in the execution of the role.
- Indoor Performance Venue: Richmond Olympic Oval,6111 River Rd., Richmond, BC
- Workshop Venue: Richmond Curling Club, 5540 Hollybridge Way, Richmond, BC
- City Performance Venue: Salmon Festival and Richmond Canada Day Celebrations, Steveston Village, BC
The responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Contribute to, implement and manage the sponsorship plan;
- Help in setting realistic sponsorship goals and tracking their progress;
- Seek out and contact sponsors under guidance;
- Establish working relations with sponsors;
- Ensure that exclusivity rights are respected;
- Coordinate the sponsorship activations with the Marketing Coordinator;
- Prepare event packages to distribute to sponsors at the event and follow through with on site servicing of sponsors as needed;
- Prepare and distribute sponsor thank you letters and sponsor reports following the event.
Reports to: Karl Balisch, Business Development Lead (Director of Corporate Services and Development for Gymnastics Canada)
The position will start in January 2018. The time commitment will vary as needed with some periods of greater involvement in the first three months as sponsors are sought with more involvement for the days leading up to and during the event. The Sponsorship Coordinator will be at the event from June 27th to July 1st, 2018.
- Experience in fundraising or budget management;
- Experience with professional contacts;
- Ability to communicate well via email and telephone;
- Strong will and motivation to find sponsors;
- Capable of projecting a professional demeanour;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Strong organizational skills;
- Capacity to work well with initiative and little supervision;
- Good team player;
- Must have a valid Criminal Police Check within 2 years of the event.
How to apply
Please email your resume and a short letter of introduction describing your previous experience, motivations and qualifications to Mariève Reid (email@example.com), Event Director, with “Sponsorship Coordinator application” as the subject line.
Application deadline: January 12th, 2018 by 5:00pm EST.
*French poster available upon request.