Volunteer Workshop Coordinator - Canadian Gymnaestrada (Richmond, BC)
22 décembre 2017
Gymnastics Canada will be hosting the 2018 Canadian Gymnaeatrada in beautiful Richmond, BC from June 28th to July 1st 2018 and is looking for energetic and passionate volunteers to join the organizing committee for this great event. As part of this team, you will be creating and delivering a fun and inclusive event! The Canadian Gymnaestrada is a national celebration of gymnastics and movement where participants from across the country come together for four exciting days of indoor and city performances, workshops, and festivities. Participants share in the fun and excitement through group performances inspired by a wide variety of traditional and non-traditional gymnastics disciplines. The Canadian Gymnaestrada is truly an event for all ages, with participants ranging from 9 to 90 years old.
The Workshop Coordinator is responsible for ensuring that all technical (workshop) aspects of the event are in place and run smoothly at the Richmond Curling Club. This individual must be available to all registered stakeholders on-site, and to the GCG staff and organizing committee before, during and after the event. In order to successfully manage the large volume of participants and maintain the timing of the workshops, the Workshop Technical Coordinator must use good judgement, make timely decisions, and maintain a calm demeanor at all times.
The Workshop Coordinator will work from home in the months leading up to the event and will be required to attend monthly organizing committee conference calls. During the event, the Coordinator will be present at
- Workshop Venue: Richmond Curling Club, 5540 Hollybridge Way, Richmond, BC
The responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Work with the Technical Lead to review the workshop schedule and confirm accuracy;
- Assist in the coordination of the individual workshop registrations and session assignments (6 sessions will be offered, but participants must choose 3 to attend. Spaces in each session are limited);
- Communicate with the workshop presenters to determine their session requirements (room/space set-up, A/V, apparatus/equipment, etc.);
- Collaborate with the Apparatus Coordinator to ensure the transport and storage of all gymnastics equipment is organized according to the requests received from the presenters;
- Identify and communicate the workshop volunteer needs to the Volunteer Coordinator;
- Manage the set-up and take-down of the workshop venue;
- Organize volunteers to act as marshals and security at the curling club (facilitate the session rotations) during the workshop day;
- Monitor the workshops to ensure the safety and well-being of the participants is being maintained;
- Provide on-site support to the workshop presenters as required.
Reports to: Meredith Warner, Technical Lead (Program Manager, Sport Development for Gymnastics Canada)
The position will start in February 2018. The time commitment will vary as needed with some periods of greater involvement especially within the days leading up to and during the event. The Workshop Coordinator will be present during the event from June 27th to June 29th, 2018.
- Understanding of the Gymnastics for All Discipline, specifically in the area of Gymnaestrada/performance gymnastics;
- Demonstrated experience in event organization and delivery;
- Ability to work in a team environment with GCG staff and volunteers;
- Excellent organizational, communication, leadership and interpersonal skills;
- Capacity to work well with initiative and limited supervision;
- Must have a valid Criminal Police Check within 2 years of the event.
How to apply
Please email your resume and a short letter of introduction describing your previous experience, motivations and qualifications to Mariève Reid (email@example.com), Event Director, with “Workshop Coordinator application” as the subject line.
Application deadline: January 12th, 2018 by 5:00pm EST.
*French poster available upon request.